Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today I walked to school under the blistering 80 something degree sun with my beautiful Rosalia. She told me I looked like I was going on a hike. I looked at myself and agreed that I did. I was wearing an A's hat, Smiths t-shirt, khaki shorts, and old grey Reebok shoes I got back in high school. I looked at my reflection on the side of a Honda Civic and realized that I was dressed exactly like my father!

(My dad and sister chillin by the ocean)
My dad has a strange obsession with khaki shorts. I am not quite sure when it started, but I can say that he owns at least 11 pairs of khaki shorts. Whenever he goes thrift store shopping he picks up another pair because as we all know, you can never have enough khaki shorts. I wonder if he will continue wearing khaki shorts when he is old?

The other day I was thinking about my dad and had a morbid/silly thought. I imagined I was at my dad's funeral. I walked over and looked into the pine box that my father's body was resting in. My dad was old and grey and wearing his favorite Grateful Dead shirt that says "Make Love Not War" and khaki shorts. I giggled to myself and then called my dad and told him about my little day dream. He loved the idea and said that that is exactly what he wants to be buried in. I heard my mom say "Oh no you won't!" in the background. Yep, khaki shorts for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment