Thursday, June 21, 2012

Living with the Long's

Most people kind of grimace when I tell them that Nelson and I are sharing the house this summer with his parents and two younger siblings, here are my thoughts on the subject.

My in-laws are incredibly kind.  I come home from work and Amy has cooked dinner.  I am starving on campus and they bring me food from Panda Express.  Lance installs a new little door so that we have our own space separated from the rest of the house (so in order to be alone we don't have to go all the way into our bedroom).  I can't stress the food enough, Amy is ALWAYS cooking up something delicious, and it is so nice to be eating so well (I know Nelson especially appreciates it!  I just get too tired most days to really try to cook...).  Since we have our new beautiful puppy dog Beatrice they help watch her and take her out to go potty when we are away.  They are really a blessing in our lives right now and we appreciate them so much!

I wouldn't say a summer living with your in-laws is best for most young couples, but I think we have a nice exception on our hands.  [=

No comments:

Post a Comment